TAFE NSW courses can be training subsidised by the NSW Government or training provided on a 'fee-for-service' basis.
A fee applies for most TAFE NSW courses and must be paid when you enrol. The amount you pay depends on the type of course you study, and on your personal circumstances.
TAFE NSW provides a wide range of pay-as-you-go and instalment payment options so that you can get on with your studies and not have to worry about full payment when you enrol.
You may pay fees and other enrolment-related charges by:
- EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, personal cheque, bank cheque or money order (payable to 'TAFE NSW').
- You may pay over the phone, via the internet or at a Campus using a credit card.
- Through Student Portal using a credit card.
- Through Student Portal you may also generate a statement and pay via BPay through your bank's internet or phone banking service.
Please note: Cash is not accepted.
You can find more detailed information on payment options and assistance in this section or contact us for individual help.
Behind in paying your student fee, the concession fee, or other fees and charges?
If you have outstanding fees, please contact your college or campus to discuss and organise alternate arrangements.
If you have outstanding fees or charges, your access to training and learning materials will be blocked and you will not be provided with documents related to your study such as a transcript of your academic record or testamur.
TAFE NSW may also refer your outstanding fees for debt recovery action.
Commonwealth Student Loans
A large number of our TAFE NSW vocational and higher education courses are eligible for loans and we have a range of options to help you pay for your course.
You may be eligible to access a Commonwealth loan under VET Student Loans if you are enrolling in Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications, or FEE-HELP if you are enrolling in a Higher Education program (Associate or Bachelor degree). Students need to repay the loan when they reach a defined income level.
Entitlements on enrolment and payment of fees
When your enrolment is complete, and you have paid the student fees (or your first instalment of the student fee), the concession fee or have been granted a fee exemption, you will be entitled to:
- Attend / participate in training
- Sit for examinations
- Receive educational awards
- Use amenities and services
- Receive an active TAFEcard (which provides access to library resources)