TAFE to University Partnerships
Students studying at Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma levels may be able to gain recognition towards university degrees where there is a match in course content between two programs of study. Riverina Institute students:
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with universities.
- Gain Diploma and Degree qualifications in less time.
- Gain employment with your TAFE qualifications while you undertake your university degree.
- Benefit from both TAFE and university learning perspectives.
Most universities in Australia provide credit for TAFE Diploma studies into university degrees. That means that what you study at TAFE will be taken into account when starting a University degree. That’s what’s known as a credit. The amount of credit provided by a specific university for a specific course may vary, so it’s best to check the university’s website to find out what credit you will receive.
At Riverina Institute, we’ve collaborated with the following Higher Education providers to cultivate partnerships that support and enable our students to reach their goals with nationally recognised qualifications which will provide a distinct educational advantage and a step ahead in their career.
- Charles Sturt University
- Deakin University
- University of Southern Queensland
- La Trobe University
- Southern Cross University
You can benefit from pathway programs that have been in place for a number of years. These pathway programs enable you to study with both institutions and graduate with a number of nationally recognised qualifications, including a diploma from Riverina Institute and a university degree.
Programs are offered in two ways:
- Pathway, or articulated, where students complete their TAFE qualifications and then continue their studies at university, and
- Integrated, where students are co-enrolled in both Riverina Institute and a university
With these programs, students benefit from studying in the supportive TAFE environment as well as building their credits towards a university degree.