Riverina Institute offers you the choice to study where and how you want. We call these study modes, and they refer to the location in which you choose to study and the way you wish to study. Your course can be tailored to suit your individual needs, studying either full time, part time or through one of our many flexible study options, doing this either in the classroom, at work, from home or by distance using a computer. Here we define a few of these terms for you ...
Courses range in duration and require a minimum of 20 hours per week commitment for completion. Study time may be required, accounting for additional hours to be allocated for these courses.
Courses range in duration depending on the individual's study pace. The amount of study time is negotiable and courses may run either during the day or evening. These courses do not require a full time commitment.
Courses range in duration depending on the individual's study pace. Flexible study is the ideal way to complete a course in your own time, at your own pace, in your own way, to cater for the demands of your own busy lifestyle. Flexibly delivered courses are designed to support learning for both individuals and employers, and offer a range of options for accessing tuition:
- Block Delivery - Courses generally run for several consecutive days during the week or over weekends. This is a form of scheduled learning, structured to support learners, employers and industry to reinforce individual development.
- Distance - Distance learning gives you the opportunity to learn at a time that best suits you. Course materials may be mailed out in print format and/or sent to you on DVD or by email. You will be supported in your learning by your teacher who will be available by phone, mail or email.
- Online - Online study gives you the flexibility to study when and where best suits you, working around busy lifestyles and personal commitments. Courses are web-based, designed to engage and stimulate the learner. Learning is guided and supported through interaction with skilled and professional teachers and other students via email, online forums and chat groups.
- On Campus - On campus learning allows you to learn in a classroom environment. It gives you the opportunity to work with your facilitator and other students within your learning group.
- Workplace Based Training - Riverina Institute will work with your organisation to provide workplace based training and assessment to meet enterprise and national standards in developing your staff. Training and assessment focuses on allowing your organisation to address technical requirements, solve problems, reduce waste, recognise and capitalise on opportunities and address Workplace Health and Safety requirements.