At TAFE NSW we look at the big picture. That’s why we offer our students Career Counselling. We understand that studying with us is just part of your journey and not a destination – that’s why we provide the support you need to either plan your career, improve your study skills, look at other study options or improve your job seeking skills.
In fact, we help out students with a wide range of career-related issues and our counsellors are here for you to discuss yours.
Whether you want to:
- Gain practical skills to get your dream job.
- Undertake university studies.
- Take a passion and turn it into a business.
- Prepare yourself for that next career move.
- Improve your confidence when returning to the workforce.
We are here for you every step of the way to ensure you achieve your goals.
Feel free to make an appointment with one of our experienced counsellors to:
- Discuss which course is right for you.
- Discuss what job or career is right for you.
- Get advice based on a thorough analysis of your skills.
- Get help enrolling in your course.
- Learn study skills.
- Get tips for preparing for exams and assessments.
- Get advice on Recognition (credit for experience and qualifications).
- Discuss how to fit study around work or family demands.
- Find out about help for disabilities.
Our experienced and approachable counsellors are available to talk to you about anything that’s on your mind. It might be a minor issue, or a major life decision – there’s always someone to talk it through with.
And don’t think you’re alone when it comes to seeing a counsellor. Each year thousands of students like yourself see our counsellors about personal matters that they need help resolving.
So please feel free to make an appointment to talk about any issue including the following:
- Workload and time management.
- Exam or assessment anxiety.
- Work issues.
- Housing issues and homelessness.
- Financial or legal problems.
- Family or relationship matters.
- Mental health concerns.
- Drug/alcohol use or gambling.
- Loss or grief.
- Health and sexuality.
- Anything else that's worrying you.
Contact a counsellor today on 131 601 and make an appointment for a time that suits you.