When you complete your enrolment you agree to abide by the regulations relevant to TAFE NSW and declare that the information you supplied is true and correct.
TAFE NSW provides all students with the opportunity to study, learn and develop skills in a safe and healthy adult educational and social environment.
Students have a right to:
- Be treated fairly and with respect by TAFE NSW staff and students.
- Learn and enjoy student life in an adult environment free of harassment and discrimination.
- Learn in a supportive and stimulating environment to pursue goals.
- Have access to counselling and support services if desired or required.
- Privacy concerning TAFE NSW records that contain personal information, subject to statutory requirements.
- Be given information about assessment procedures at the beginning of the subject and progressive results as they occur.
- Lodge a complaint without fear of retaliation or victimisation. You may submit your complaint on a Complaints or Suggestion Form, please click here to download.
Students have a responsibility to:
- Treat students and TAFE NSW staff with respect and fairness.
- Follow any reasonable direction from a member of TAFE staff.
- Refrain from smoking on all TAFE NSW grounds in accordance with New South Wales Government Policy.
- Behave responsibly by not littering, harassing fellow students or staff, damaging, stealing, modifying or misusing TAFE NSW property.
- Not use mobile phones, pagers or similar devices at any time in class.
- Do all assessment tasks and examinations honestly, and not engage in plagiarism, collusion or cheating.
- Submit all assessment tasks by the due date. Under exceptional circumstances you may ask for an extension of time. This would normally have to be done before the due date, unless you have a very good reason for not doing so.
- Return/renew library resources by due date.
- Follow normal safety practices by wearing approved clothing, protective equipment and following both written and verbal directions given by TAFE NSW staff.
- Not behave in any way that could offend, embarrass, threaten, injure or harm others.
Students breaching discipline may be penalised in accordance with TAFE NSW Policy.
Commencement of all TAFE NSW classes is subject to availability of resources and sufficient number of enrolled students. Classes may be discontinued if student attendance numbers fall below the set minimum.
For more information please download a copy of the 2016 Student Guide.